Remember the first day that you crossed paths with that special someone? It may have begun with a simple greeting, a smile, an introduction, or even an argument. Eventually, this encounter transformed into one of the most beautiful experiences that a person can live throughout their lifetime. This of course, developed even further and led to one of the greatest days of your life, the engagement to become married.
The wedding day can come in all different shapes, sizes, and forms. Some believe that a huge wedding is the way to go while others thrive with simplicity. However, there is something else that deserves a fair amount of thought and planning. The Honeymoon! In this article, we are going to talk about one of the most fascinating places in the world, Hawaii (The Big Island). Below you will learn 6 reasons to pick Hawaii (The Big Island) for your Honeymoon.
1) Beaches: The Big Island has some of the most captivating beaches in the world. If you appreciate beautiful scenery, diving, snorkeling, sun bathing, and fishing, the Big Island will not disappoint. Kahalu’u beach is one great example of the type of beaches found in Hawaii.
Known, as the snorkel beach, Kahalu’u is usually a pretty calm beach and has more than 100 species of colorful fish. Sea turtles, butterfly fish, parrot fish, and beautiful corals are some of the things you will come across when snorkeling in Kahalu’u beach. The north part of the beach is a little rough since this is where the wave’s break which is great for those that enjoy body boarding and surfing.
2) History & Culture: Learning about the history and culture of The Big Island will enchant any traveler, ranging from the least to even the most experienced. Mookini Heiau State Monument, over 1,500 years is one of the longest standing and historical sites in Hawaii Island. This religious monument was once used as a temple for human sacrifice.
A short walk away from the Mookini Heiau State Monument, you will find another historical site, the birthplace of Hawaii’s greatest King, known as Kamehameha I. The Kings birthplace is marked by a sign in front of a stone wall. Many of the Hawaiians and others consider this area to be a spiritual place, and it is important not to walk on the rocks or move them.
Due to an earthquake in this area, it may not be what it once was, but it is still considered a great historical site. The history and culture found in the Big Island makes it a great place for newlyweds to start off on the right path and learn about a new culture, which is ironically an essential step in marriage.
3) Attractions: Another great aspect of Hawaii’s Big Island is the variety of activities and attractions. At The Imiloa Astronomy Center of Hawaii, one can experience a mixture of Hawaiian culture and astronomical research conducted at Maunakea.
Another great attraction is the Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden. Bring your camera because you will see more than 2,000 species of beautiful plants. You can also take a trip to World Botanical Gardens and Waterfalls and observe Hawaii’s most beautiful waterfall.
The Hawaiian EDventure is another attraction you will not want to miss. They will allow you to experience authentic cultural activities and programs with the purpose of honoring and perpetuating Hawaiian culture.
If you and your mate need something that will get your adrenaline pumping, take a trip to Aloja Jet Ski. You have the choice of renting a jet ski for thirty minutes or one hour if you prefer, and they are incredibly fun. The best part about a Jet Ski is that they are extremely easy to operate, even if you have never experienced driving one.
4) Animals & Nature: Are you a nature and animal lover? The Big Island will provide you with an experience you will never forget. Imagine having the opportunity to interact with some of the smartest and most beautiful animals on the planet? Dolphin Quest allows you to do just that. You get to swim and engage with these amazing and therapeutic mammals for thirty minutes.
If the dolphin experience isn’t enough, how about taking a glimpse at an animal that weighs forty thousand pounds and is forty feet long. Watching the Humpback whales off the Big Island’s shore will cause any human being to feel a dreamlike outburst of amusement and joy. These amazing animals can be seen from December to May, when they reach Hawaii’s warm waters to breed and give birth to new calves.
5) Hotels & Beach Resorts: Hawaii is no stranger when it comes to hospitality and pampering their visitors. There are plenty of hotels and resorts with magnificent beach settings, eager to provide you with their world class amenities.
One example of this is the Hilton Waikoloa Beach resort which includes two championship golf courses. The first one is the Waikoloa Beach course designed by Robert Trent Jones and the Waikoloa Kings course designed by Tom Weiskopf/Jay Morrish. If the above isn’t enough, a putting course can also be found in this resort which includes a romantic ocean setting.
Another example of the kind of Hotels found at the Big Island is the Mauna Lani Bay Resort. Want to include a few lessons of Hula to your Honeymoon? The Mauna Lani Bay includes this, and it’s complimentary. The Mauna Lani Bay also includes two championship golf courses and has received Golf Magazine’s Gold Medal Award every year since 1988.
6) State Parks: Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is one location that you will not want to bypass. The natural scenery that is found in this park is unparalleled to anything else. Some of the things that make it unique include the rainforests and scalded deserts, a walk in lave a tube, hiking trails through volcanic craters, and a favorite for many, two active volcanoes. You get to experience seeing a real live volcano which has not stopped erupting since it started on January 3rd 1983 known as Kilauea and Maunaloa which last erupted in 1984.
The Thurston Lave Tube can also cause an incomparable impression. Imagine walking through a cave that was formed by lava 500 years ago? This is one of the activities found at the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, and it is lit to allow you to get a detailed view of the lava tube. If you are brave and carry a flash light, you can continue walking further into the dark area of the tube for another 50 yards which leads to light at the end as you reach the grand finally and walk into an enchanting tropical rain forest.